Saturday, September 1, 2012

Rescue or Adopt Lacey, sweet 8 yr old beagle probably deaf - location is Charlotte NC




 Meet Lacey.  This little beagle is a sweet thing.  She is very cute, with big, bright, eyes and nice face.  She was listed as 8 yrs old, but I believe a little older, and has had all vetting  - and heartworm negative!
  She MAY be deaf, not sure, but is not responsive to much of any noise; will follow hand signs (like clapping to come).  She MAY have tumors,
as there are several lumps on her right side (though it may be fat!) and a definite lump on her tail.

I have her on low-fat kibble with 1/2 green beans, maybe a little rice (1T)...  I think she is losing weight, slowly. Of course, I have had her only 14days.  She is totally house trained, gets along with
all the other dogs.  She has apparently lead a sedentary life for awhile, and doesn't know anything else but eat, sleep, eat.  But I'm told she does love to walk. (I just have not taken her out, as 
I had minor surgery on my leg.  Eager to get her and the others out for walks soon.)

When she first arrived, she acted as though she was expecting to be slapped any time I would approach her. The gal who submitted her told me the first family who had her included a dog 
that would chew on her.  I don't think she would react that way to people if it had been a dog.  She is not afraid of the other dogs here.  I believe someone was hitting her.  She is becoming
more relaxed each day, and seems to be getting comfortable and happy. She will now wander thru the back yard with or without my company, although she still prefers my being with her.

I think this sweet girl would be a welcome addition to any family.  Children could enjoy her if they did not expect her to run and play with them, as that just isn't in her now.

Please feel free to inquire any other questions. If I don't know the answers, I will contact her last family.

Thanks for anything you can do for her.  I would love to see her get into a nice family who will care for her and see that she is healthy.  please email Sandi if you are interested in rescuing or
adopting Lacey at runaway_foster@peoplepc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment